Thursday, August 28, 2008

Happy (late) Anniversary!!

Our 5th anniversary was officially on June 7th, but thanks to our breastmilk addicted daughter we were unable to go anywhere overnight to celebrate. Since Rylee has finally overcome her addiction, we headed off to VEGAS for a little vacation! We were originally planning on staying at the Meridan Hotel and Suites, but when we got there, they informed us that their hotel has been closed (weird huh?)! Anyways...they had kindly? reserved us a room at the Platinum Hotel. It was a really nice place located about 2 blocks away from "The Strip." We had a BLAST! It was so nice to just be able to do whatever we wanted. We went shopping, out to dinner, swimming, it was PERFECT! My personal favorite was Felinis. It's an Italian place in the Stratosphere Hotel where Ryan took me to eat one night. It was AMAZING food and the atmosphere was awesome too. They had murals painted on the walls to look like you were actually in Italy and the rooms were all candle-lit. It was so awesome!! We could've stayed at least one more night, but we needed to rescue Grandma & Grandpa Lloyd & Uncle Cameron from our little munchkins. (Thanks to them and Aunt Erika & Uncle Mark for watching our kids!)

This is the kitchen in our room. Way nicer than mine at home!
This is our room. It was so nice with a full kitchen and living room.


Ryan getting on the monorail. We bought day passes so we could travel up and down the strip easily.

Self-potrait! I think we're in the Paris Hotel.

This little walkway is in the Paris Hotel and it's designed to look like you are actually in Paris. The ceiling is even painted like a blue sky.

Ryan at the Conservatory in the Bellagio Hotel.

We're up on a bridge that connects the Bellagio to Bally's Hotel. It was the best view of all the lights.

Goofy Ryan eating Cocoa Krispies for breakfast.


In front of the MGM Grand.

New York, New York!!


Probably one of the coolest things ever-the M&M Store! You could get any color of M&Ms imaginable for the bargain? price of $11.99 per pound. (Ya we didn't buy any)

The Coke Store. I only wish Coke came in cans this big!!!

That was our trip in a nutshell!!!! I can't believe it's already been 5 years. It's been so crazy!!! We've had good times and not so good times, but we still make each other laugh and that's all that matters. Love ya Ry!!

11 comments:

Mama Cher, Ok, fine, it's Sharon said...

Wow, that room is super nice! I didn't even know there was a monorail in Vegas. We haven't been in a looooong time! Happy Anniversary!

The Eggintons said...

Happy late anniversary! a few days without kids sounds so good! I bet you had fun. hey jaim, happy late b-day! I missed that somehow. I am half still on vacation, sorry. love ya call me sometime! we miss you

ali-dot-e said...

Holy cow that looks like a lot of fun!! I could never get Aaron to do all of that stuff with me. I might have to show him your pictures and say..."See that could be us!!"

Brad & Janette Bowen said...

I am so jealous! I can't imagine having a few days without kiddies! Congrats on 5 years - doesn't time fly?

Andi Kate, Children's Author said...

Happy Belated Anni from us too! And thanks for getting away--it inspires me to do the same. Chris and I were planning a trip for our anni in Oct, but I haven't left the both boys before. Gotta find a way to getter done! :)

Lori said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun! I loved two pictures the most (the one of you in the M&M store (you look so cute!) and the one of Ryan eating breakfast! That one is hilarious! I wish we took more pictures but I'm married to Mike and he takes pictures of.....everything but us! I'm glad you guys had fun. You two deserved it.
Happy Anniversary and Birthday!!

Zoo Keeper said...

Looks like Vegas was fun! I live there and don't have that much fun! I had to laugh at the bargin M & M price! I about died when I went into that store and my kids each wanted some of those! We opted for the .89 cent package at the local gas station instead!! Love ya and HAPPY HAPPY LATE LATE Birthday! I'm horrible at remembering!

Kristy said...

AHHH! It looks like so much fun. We are heading to Vegas in November and I am glad to know a few fun things to do, since we don't gamble or party!

Also, Congrats on the FIVE years!

Tori and/or Clark said...

looks like fun. Like ALL my friends are going on amazing trips without their kids, we got Brian head!!! Go Brianhead!!! With ALL my in-laws!!!! YEAH!!!! Yep, one year we will get away.

Erika said...

Looks like you guys had a good time!! GOOD!! It was a fun time watching the chillins for you, they're super fun!!! Thanks for letting us! Hope all is well with you, and hope to see you agian soon! The Lagoon pictures are ADORABLE!

Emily said...

That looked fun! You guys deserve it!!! Good times! That is a nice hotel!