Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Chef Carter!

Ryan and I were in the other room with Rylee when suddenly things got very quiet (as they always do when Carter is up to something) so we went to investigate! We found our little "chef" making, in his words, "macaroni and cheese!" It's pretty funny what kids observe us adults doing and then attempt it themselves!
This apparently is the "pan" cooking the noodles on the stove!


This is him with his oven mitt (or in his exact words, his "glub")


He had to take the "pan" down to actually stir it and then he would put it back on the stove.

PS Just so you know, we make it a general rule NOT to encourage our children to play with the stove, we just couldn't resist taking pictures of this classic Carter moment!!

8 comments:

Mama Cher, Ok, fine, it's Sharon said...

So funny! I just can't believe how big he is! And now that I know you are always coming to Macey's you better come see me! I seriously live 2 minutes away!

Emily said...

That is so funny! He is such a cutie!!! I miss you guys!!! See you some time soon, I hope--after all the wedding maddness and stuff... :) We need to have a swim party! (when it gets warm again! Stinking UT weather!!)

Zoo Keeper said...

So cute! So creative! That is an awesome imagination! Love it!

Heather said...

What a funny boy! You're kids are adorable. We need to plan a time to have Carter and Syndey play together. Especially since "The Office" won't be on for the summer.

Anonymous said...

Can't wait for the weekend festivities so we can spend some time with this kook....I mean cook.

Mel said...

too cute! He is way too big!!

Andi Kate, Children's Author said...

So cute! I love when kids put their own spin on real life!

ali-dot-e said...

It is pretty sad how much they watch and then do what you do. I sometimes wish my kids wouldn't watch so closely.