So...I am attempting to potty train Carter (who is now 2 1/2 years old). I took him to Wal-Mart hoping to get him excited by letting him pick out his own underwear (he chose Mickey Mouse of course) and we bought one of those toilet inserts to make the potty his size. It took him one day to decide it was okay to actually sit on the potty. When he finally did I told him he had to go pee before he could get in the tub so he yells "PEEP K all done mom!" Now he does that everytime he sits on it, pretty much we have had ZERO potty training success. ANY SUGGESTIONS???? I have no idea what I am doing, but I am SO SICK of changing his diapers!!
On another note... our stupid camera is broken so no pictures for awhile! Bummer! Hopefully it will be fixed soon!
6 comments:
So the first time Sawyer went stinkies on the potty I made her show me to make sure she was clean so now anytime she uses the potty she sticks her butt out and wiggles it saying see see all clean, kids are the cutest. As for carter I have no idea, I reward the kids with candy kisses and still Kaimen will only try when I put him there, he won't do it on his own yet. Your such a cute mom!
They told me to use a squirt bottle and when they sit on the potty to squirt their private to give them the sensation of having to go. I don't know if it really works or not, my boys were soooo easy. I am a sucker for bribary!! We had a gumball machine in the bathroom with m&m's in it. Everytime they actually went potty they got a penny to put in the machine for treats. They also had potty charts that they would put stickers on Jackson and Aidan earned cars if they got enough stickers, etc. Good Luck!!
Hey,
I can't believe Carter is even old enough to potty train! I've heard that boys just take longer sometimes. We want to have you guys over for a Jazz game one of these nights. I will call you!
Haha! That is so funny, he's such a cutie. Jaimee thank you again for coming to the shower, it was so fun to have you there! We just got Ryan's graduation announcement in the mail, and I feel so bad that we can't be there to support Ryan like you did for us. I bet you are both so excited that he is graduating! Thanks again. See you soon!
Hey you! I found your blog through Sharon's I hope it is okay. You should check out mine!
About potty training: My best advuce is potty parties! Every time Carter goes to the bathroom have a party. Seriously, Balloons, cupcakes everything. It works! Ask me and I will tell you more!
Love Ya!
(This is Andrea, not Chris)
Haha! I remember Taj doing the same thing. He would sit there and just SAY "pee! pee! pee!" and then get up, as if he'd done something.
Nope, he hadn't.
We tried a few things to get him interested, but mostly I think you're on the right track. One day--completely unprompted--Taj just said he wanted to use the potty, and he never went back after that!
I have also heard great things about potty parties. We always made a pretty big deal out of it. Then, once Taj started using the potty, we had a sticker reward chart that worked quite well. :) Good luck--and be patient--when he's really ready, you'll know.
Post a Comment