A lot of people ask me almost daily how we are doing since the twins were born. I mostly answer "we are doing fine" and then move on because I am sure that they don't have the time to hear the long, drawn out answer. So here is the long drawn out answer if you're interested, if not just look at the cute pictures :)
Life has gotten back to a new normal for our little family. Ryan went back to work when Asher was about 2 weeks old. Things are going well for him there and I am grateful that he has a job that he loves. Carter started Kindergarten and loves riding the bus every morning. He has had a couple of mornings when tears were shed, but by the time he gets home, he has forgotten he was even sad. His favorite thing at school is recess of course.
Rylee has been trying to figure out how to survive at
home without Carter around in the mornings. She is already talking about when she gets to go to Kindergarten next year. She is such a big helper with Asher. Asher is getting bigger and bigger every day. He hasn't been weighed in awhile, but I think he is close to 8 pounds. He is a good, but sometimes temperamental baby. He is already a mommy's boy, which I love of course.
As for me, I am trying to find out exactly what it means to be a mom who has lost one of her precious babies while still raising the ones left behind. It has been interesting and sometimes difficult couple of months. I am trying to learn to brush off the dumb things people say sometimes and remember that most people mean well and just
don't know what to say. (For example: One of my "favorite" things has been "At least you have Asher!" Seriously?! Would people be saying that to me if Carter had passed away instead of Easton? I don't think so. It's not like each of my kids is a spare or a bonus just in case one of them dies. Another of my "favorites" was when a well meaning individual asked me how I was feeling emotionally and I responded that I was doing ok, but that I don't feel that I will ever not be somewhat sad about losing Easton. She responded with saying "Well, why not?" Um...ok. Sorry I just went off. Everyone has been so supportive so I don't mean to sound ungrateful. I am sure I have said equally dumb things to other people at times in my life. We love and appreciate everyone who has helped, prayed for, and loved our family during these last few months. I honestly think people just don't know what to say). Anyways... even though my life isn't exactly how I dreamed it would be right now, I am learning to adjust to the way it has become. Here is a couple of blog posts I found that describe perfectly how I feel. These are written by a woman who lost her 2 year old daughter and she puts her grief into words much better than I can.
7 comments:
Love you girl! Thank you for sharing your story. You are amazing and such a great example to me. When are we going to get together? We need to do it, like yesterday!
Thanks for sharing the adorable pictures of your kids! And I am so proud of you for sharing your very real feelings. I am always appreciative when people have the courage to help the rest of us know what to say--and what not to say--to those who've suffered a loss. You once commented on my blog and said the BEST thing to me, which was that some days you just flat-out miss people and all the wonderful things your life could have held if you hadn't lost them. It isn't wallowing or dwelling (though that has its place, too), it's just taking the time to miss them, feeling grateful for what they brought to your life and acknowledging the hole they left behind. Love you bunches, Lloyds! :)
Sure love you Jaimee, let me know if there is anything we can do for you. Brody had a daughter that passed away at 14 months, he still doesn't talk about her, he still misses her and is sad she is not here, if anyone understands it's him, he says that the pain never really goes away it just gets easier to go about life with the pain, I still find him staring at our kids while they sleep with tears in his eyes, and I'm sure he will for the rest of our lives, there will always be a void, but at least you know that you will be able to hold your sweet little babe again one day, Brody doesn't believe that to be possible, maybe someday he will.
You're doing amazing Jaimee. I can only imagine and hope that I don't end up saying something stupid to you. I'm glad you can understand that sometimes it is that people just don't know what to say, but I'm sure it still hurts. Wish there were something to help that!
I still remember you in my prayers often and hope the best for you and hope for strength for you. At times I'm sure it's difficult to find the joy in everyday life when you still feel so much sorrow. The only thing I can suggest is to hold onto our faith and knowledge of where your precious Easton is and that you WILL be together forever as a whole family. Hang onto that to get you through the rough days.
((HUGS))
P.S. Rylee is so adorable, she must really love Carter and Asher!
Carter got big! I'm glad he loves school (at least recess). He's a good looking kid too!
It's nice to hear how your kids are doing and growing so fast.
I have to admit I'm amazed at the way you handle people's stupid comments. You're right, they aren't being mean, but it hurts all the same. The way you explained your emotions is so very sweet and tender. You've been a real example to me Jaim and I love you dearly!
We need to get together sometime soon!
Jaimee so sorry to hear about your sweet baby. Reading your story reminds me of my cousin that went through the exact same experience as you did. On her blog she has posted things about her experience that I'm sure you could relate too and would bring you comfort. If you are interested here's the link: http://lovejoylane.blogspot.com/
Her baby boy is 7 months old now so you will have to look back. She does post things about it every so often though. Best wishes!
Jaimee! I love you! You always seem to put on a brave face and you are so strong! I am probably one of the idiots who said something dumb to you, so sorry if I was, but you know I love you, and did not mean anything but the best. It IS that most people don't know what to say, so I am glad you are able to brush it off, and I am glad that you share what should not be said, bc it helps to know! :) haha. We need to play! I will call you sometime this weekend or next week and we can plan something. It was great to see you Monday! Love you, girl! You look so good, BTW...I don't know if it is the nursing thing...but you have a glow about you. Love you!
Post a Comment