Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Easton's Tree


Ryan is the executive secretary in our ward and because of this, we have gotten to be close friends with the other members of the bishopric and their awesome wives. One day about 4 days after we lost Easton, there was a knock at our door. Ryan opened the door to find the bishop, his two counselors, and this beautiful tree. They gave it to us to plant in memory of Easton. It's now planted in our front yard and it makes me smile (and sometimes cry) every time I look out our living room window. Just one example of the many amazing people who have blessed us!






6 comments:

Erika said...

HOW COOL! What a fun idea. I wish I was creative (or nice...) enough to think of sweet stuff like that to do for you guys. I could have totally sent you a tree in the mail! duh.

Lindsay said...

This made me cry a little:) What a beautiful reminder to have!

Marci Jane said...

What a beautiful gift! I am glad (and not at all surprised) that you are surrounded by so much love. :)

FitNotQuitJess said...

That's amazing and very thoughtful!

Emily said...

Made me cry of course! How thoughtful of them and such a great idea!!! Wow.

The Eggintons said...

That is so cute! I didn't know about that. I will have to look closer next time I am there. Love you guys so much. you are all awsome!