Thursday, September 2, 2010

Rylee's Birthday


Well, it finally happened, my "baby" girl is officially 3! I found myself wondering all day where the last 3 years have gone. And then I remembered the many sleepless nights, tantrums, and many unsuccessful attempts to make her take a bottle and the last 3 years didn't seem like they went by so fast anymore :). I am really excited for her to be 3 and potty trained and more independent, but part of me wishes for all of those sleepless nights back again because she'll never be that small again. I guess that's the bittersweet-ness of motherhood though huh?

On a lighter note...we had a good day for her birthday. She wanted McDonald's for dinner and then we had T.J., Hanna, and Olivia (my brother and his family) over for "UP" cake and ice cream. (And I gotta say that the cake turned out pretty cute!) Happy Birthday little Rylee! I hope the next 3 years are as great as the last 3 have been!






5 comments:

Mel said...

The cake turned out WAY cute!! How clever you are!! Happy Birthday Rylee!! I can't believe she is 3!

Courtney and Allen said...

Wow! Good job on the cake! Very creative...Cute pictures!

Lori said...

Are you kidding me! That cake is freaking amazing! You guys are the cutest parents! And, thanks a lot for making me cry. That post did it girl- got me all teary eyed:(

Happy birthday, Rylee!

Christy said...

Wow the cake looks great! Can't believe she is three, make me think how little time I have before my baby is 3!

TJ & Hanna Roberts said...

Thanks for inviting us over, we had a blast! The cake was way cute and it tasted great to!