Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Change is good right??

Hey all! Just an update on the house situation. We "went under contract" on our condo last Friday. If all goes well (keep your fingers crossed), we will close on April 28th!! This means that we had to find a house within a week in order to have somewhere to go. Monday we headed up to Davis County and looked at 3 houses. The first one was ok, the third one was NOT ok, and the second one was "THE ONE"-- well at least we hope it is. We are waiting to hear if they have accepted our offer if they do, we will close on the new house on April 29th and we will be moved by the first of May! Are we excited? YES! Are we sad? YES! I've yet to figure out how to deal with having these two emotions at the same time, but we'll work through it and learn to love our new house, ward, neighborhood as much as we love this house, ward, neighborhood. Change is good, or at least that's what I keep telling myself :)!!!

16 comments:

Trevor, Brianna, Alivia, Tayvree, and Avynlee Hansen said...

Hey congrats! we'll miss ya, but change is good! change is good change is good......chant this over and over and it will help with the sad part! ;)

Emily said...

WOW!!! Congrats! I hope it all goes through! And on my birthday, too--maybe that will bring you luck! :) Let us know how we can help! I can baby sit and Bryson can help move things! We would love to help! I am excited for you guys! I want to know more about the house--I guess I should email you! Love ya tons! Man! We should've hung out more when we were close enough to! :)

Adam Winter Family said...

Congrats! We moved last year from Utah to Idaho. It was great to move. It was sad to leave but I'm glad we did. Kenna keeps saying she wants to go back to our old house. She doesn't quite know the concept that it's not our house anymore. I tell her that and then she says we can switch with them. It's cute!! Anyway. Good Luck!

Ehlers Family said...

Yay Congrats... Thats way exciting.. What area were you looking at??

FitNotQuitJess said...

That's good news for you! Let me know if you need anything. We will sure miss you!

Andi Kate, Children's Author said...

Oh--this makes me sad to see in print! I really am excited for you and happy that the condos are still going at reasonable prices. I wish you were moving to Saratoga instead though! Go ahead and move in with the in-laws if that's what it takes!

Mel said...

Change is good, and everything happens for a reason, but that still doesn't mean it's easy. The good thing is that you will still be close enough to see good friends, and I will take your kids anytime you want to go back and hang out with them!!! You just have to hang out with me once in a while in return!:) Carter and Aidan need a play date!

ali-dot-e said...

I too have mixed emotions with you leaving. I am so glad that you were able to "go under contract" but at the same time I know that means you are leaving us. I really do love to hang out with you. We will definately keep in touch and meet up once in a while, Clinton is not that far away!! Love ya!

Erika said...

So THE house is in Clinton?? Congrats on making an offer!!! That's totally awesome! We add our comment to everyone elses, if you need anything, babysitters, strong men to move things, shoulders to cry on, etc... we're here for you!!! Love you all!! Be HAPPY! :)

Natalie Kay said...

Congrats to you and your family! Good luck with the closing, buying, packing, moving, etc...

Unknown said...

Congratulations Lloyds!!! And hey if the offer falls through, there are a TON of houses for sell in our neighborhood... this is a great time to buy and I hope you guys get what you want! :o)

Lee and Marie said...

Congratulations you guys! Crazy... weren't we just talking last Wednesday at Enrichment about this? I recall you saying you were glad you weren't selling yet because you want to stay... 2 days later you're under contract - WHATEVER!!! Congrats - but we'll be sad to see you go when you do go :( Please let us know what we can do to help!

Ashley said...

HEY CONGRATS!!! So where in Davis County are you moving?! I want to see pics of the house! CONGRATS! I know how stressful planning that stuff is. Let us know where we can help! :) CONGRATS!!!

Kristy said...

That is really great news for you guys! We need pictures! Congrats. I do hope to see you guys a few more times before you move.

Lori said...

I'm so sad. I am happy for you though. The house is way cute. I can't wait to see it in real life! I will miss you like crazy!

jan said...

Congrats on your new changes. I just wish you were in SLC. Post some pics of your new house. Good luck on it all. It is good to hear that some houses are selling!