Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Big Time Bummer!!!

After many head "bonks," Carter has finally split his head open. Since he could crawl he has hit his head on anything even remotely in his way. This time it was the corner of our entertainment center and the result was 7 staples in the back of his head. He was very brave. Ryan went in with him and he said Carter was trying so hard not to cry. He had big tears rolling down his face but he didn't make a sound. He was such a big boy!!!

Returning to the scene of the crime!



Holding up the cars the doctor's office gave him for being so brave!!


He decided on green because Buzz Lightyear wears green.


All 7 staples. I couldn't get close enough and get him to hold still enough to get a clear picture!

12 comments:

Tori and/or Clark said...

One day he is going to be proud of his head wound. Boys always seem to be excited about scars. he looks pretty happy even though he must have a headache.

Brad & Janette Bowen said...

All I have to say is OUCH!!!

Mama Cher, Ok, fine, it's Sharon said...

Ouch! He is such a big boy and so brave for not being hysterical!! i would have been!

Kristy said...

OH man! Poor kid. I can't believe how tough he is. Carter, YOU DA MAN!

Emily said...

OH, BUDDY! So sad! I feel so bad for him! What a brave lil guy! Man!

Kimage Feller said...

I STILL FEEL HORRIBLE!!! If we hadn't stopped by he would have been in bed! And a SUCKER just doesn't make up for how aweful I feel!
sure you love you guys though!

Lori said...

He is so tough! He must get that from Jaimee:) I can't stand to look at the staples!!! Can he still headbang:)

ali-dot-e said...

Oh, just hearing that story makes me want to cry for him. What a tough kid!! Aaron would have to go in with Ethan for the staples, I could not be there for that!

Andi Kate, Children's Author said...

Ah! I am just waiting for our ER visit. Hurray that Ryan could go in with him--that would not have been fun. Way to go cute, brave boy (I mean Carter...)!

Jamie said...

Good Greif!!!
I'm so glad he is ok! You are a brave mama! I freak out even when my kids don't get hurt.
Well hows things your way? I keep up with you and your family thru grandma. Looks like the wedding was a hit. It's crazy for me to see your brother and sister all grown up. I guess I've known you 11 years. A lot of time to grow up :)
Hope your doing well, and I'd love to hear from you ~
Jamie Resch

FitNotQuitJess said...

YIKES! What a brave little boy though. Watch, it's amazing how something as "dramatic" at this won't slow him down a bit!

Jessica and Brody said...

Oh man, I can't believe he didn't cry! You have got quite a boy there. I am glad he is okay, when we made my first trip for stitches, it was hard on me, but staples wow, hope all is well your kids are so insanely cute!