Monday, August 8, 2011

The Story

I have been debating for a couple of weeks now if I should do a post about the birth of the twins. I have finally decided to do it because I am sure there are many people out there that are curious about what exactly happened and are not wanting to ask us details, and I use my blog as a journal and there are many things that I want to remember about this bittersweet event in our lives.
I was scheduled to have a C-Section on July 28th. Everything was going great. No bed rest, no contractions, other than the usual pregnancy things, everything seemed to be right on track. At 2:30 AM on Friday, July 15th my water broke. We quickly loaded up and headed to the hospital fully anticipating the birth of two healthy baby boys. At 4:57 AM, Asher Darwin was born screaming his little lungs out. He weighed 4 lbs. 13 oz. and was perfect! About 30 seconds later, my doctor got really serious and told us that our other sweet baby boy had passed away. Easton Carl was delivered as a stillborn at 4:58 AM. There are no words to express our emotions on that day. Within a very short period of time we experienced both the best and the worst things that a parent can experience. It was a very difficult day for us. However, in hindsight, we have seen how we were prepared by a very loving Heavenly Father for this experience. We have both gained a strong testimony of what Nephi calls tender mercies, "But behold, I, Nephi, will show unto you that the tender mercies of the Lord are over all those whom he hath chosen, because of their faith, to make them mighty even unto the power of deliverance." 1 Nephi 1:20
It certainly hasn't been an easy thing to deal with, but we have felt the power of prayer and have been lifted up by so many friends and family. We are so grateful for the many who have prayed for us.
We decided we wanted to honor Easton and in some way acknowledge his short little life so we decided to have a viewing and a graveside service. It turned out to be a very uplifting and positive experience. Ryan dedicated the grave and proved even further what an amazing man he is. My fantastic sister-in-law Hanna took pictures. We are so grateful that we will have those memories forever. I am so grateful for the Gospel and the peace that it brings. I know that one day we will be reunited with our sweet Easton.
We put Ryan's mom in charge of making a display for the viewing. She did a fantastic job. It included the bedding I had made for him, his name that I made to hang in the room, some amazing pictures that Pat Wimpee took for us at the hospital ( http://connect2utah.com/search​-fulltext?nxd_id=133966),





So many wonderful people came to love us and support us.

My mom helped us do a balloon release in honor of Easton. It was beautiful and I am so glad that we did it!

Watching the balloons

Our FOREVER family!!!!

16 comments:

Kim said...

So thankful for you, for your faith and love I Love you! Mom

Brooke said...

Jaimee,
I'm so glad you posted this. Thank you so much for sharing your amazing testimony! You are a srong woman! We love you.

Lori said...

I love you guys, and really feel blessed to have such wonderful friends with strong testimonies of faith. Beautiful post.

Marci Jane said...

Thank you for sharing this, Jaimee--you are such a beautiful forever family. :) Love you so much!

Bec said...

Thank you for sharing the story Jaimee. I was one of those people wondering what happened but afraid to come out and ask. Your family is so beautiful and your faith is inspirational. You guys are awesome. Still praying for you.

TJ & Hanna Roberts said...

We love you and your family sooo much!! Thank you for letting us be a part of this experience in your life. Thank you for your example! You are a wonderful and strong mother.

Emily said...

Love you Jaim. Well written and touching post. Your family is so beautiful.

Andi Kate, Children's Author said...

You are a very strong, amazing woman and I am so thankful to have you in my life. I was really touched by Ryan's comments at the service and know that you are both in good hands with each other. We love you and will keep praying for you!

kdance10 said...

Jaimee, Thank you for sharing your story. I look up to you and your hubby so much, your both so strong and are two of the sweetest people i know. If there is anything i can do ever please don't hesitate to call.

FitNotQuitJess said...

Thank you for sharing this, for you. Know you remain in my prayers and I cannot begin to put myself in your shoes. If there is ever anything I can do please let me know. I was mostly touched by how you talked about Ryan dedicating the grave, what a wonderful experience to have a worthy husband to do such a wonderful thing for your Easton!

Mel said...

Thanks for sharing. My mom sent me photos and a copy of the program from the service. It looked beautiful! Wish I could have been there. We love you guys, and you will continue to be in our prayers.

Melinda said...

*hugs* You are amazing. And it's apparent that Easton wanted his great grandma with him too. Your family is beautiful and I can only imagine the conflicted emotions you've been through. Thank you for sharing your testimony of the wonderful peace the gospel brings and of the tender mercies of the Lord.

Ash said...

Oh Jaimee you make me cry. Your so strong and such an amazing person! I admire you tons and the attitude you guys have had about all of this. I'm so happy you decided to post the story. You wrote it beautifully! You guys truly are an amazing family and I'm so happy you moved into our little neighborhood. One day once kids are back in school I wanna come over and see meet baby Asher.:)

Jamie said...

This is a beautiful post. I know it wasn't easy but you'll be happy you have it.
Sure love you guys!

The Eggintons said...

beautiful pictures! I so wish I could have come!! But I am excited to see you next week. Love you guys!

Lara said...

That last picture made me bawl! Thanks for sharing your faith with us. I am so excited for you to be able to hold your boy again. That makes the thought of "heaven" a lot more heavenly, doesn't it?
Lucky little family to have you and your husband at the head of it! An eternal one, for sure.