Monday, January 5, 2009

2008 Top Ten!!!

These aren't necessarily in any kind of order. But here are the Top Ten things that happened in our family in 2008...




10. Ryan and I won a "Biggest Loser" competition!

I don't remember how much we lost, and frankly it doesn't matter because we're right back where we started, but it was great fun while it lasted :)!



9. We got to see Ryan's sister Jenni, her husband Todd, and their two kids Chase and Kayla 3 times this year (this is a lot because they live far away-practically in another country)! I guess Todd didn't come all of the times Jen did, but you get the idea :)!

All the cute kids together right before Christmas!



8. We remodeled our condo. This consisted of painting, new light fixtures, and installing laminate wood flooring in the kitchen, living room, and hallway. Unfortunately we have no before pictures, but here is my favorite one of a portion of the finished project. It's for sale now so hopefully part of my 2009 list will include moving into a house!!




7. Ryan's Grandpa Lloyd passed away. It was a very sad time for all of us but especially for Ryan and his family. He was such a great man who left a great legacy to all of his grandchildren and great grandchildren.


6. We had SEVERAL new members join both sides of our family this year. On the Lloyd side, Ryan's sister had a baby girl, Kayla, in March and his other sister married Mark in May. On the Nuttall side, my brother married Nichole in May, my sister married Allen in September, and my sister-in-law had a baby named Olivia in July. It has been quite a year for our family!!






5. Ryan got a new job working for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints as a Project Coordinator! He is very happy and loves his job after many years of working at a job he hated, this was a huge blessing to our family.





4. We went on several family outings instead of doing a huge vacation. They included 4 trips to Bear Lake, 5 trips to St. George, Lagoon, and the zoo twice!!



3. Rylee turned 1 and started walking and attempting to talk. She can say a few words: mama, dada, der der (Carter), gama (grandma), gapa (grandpa), and a few others. Carter turned 3. He played itty bitty football and can talk 100 words a minute :). And I am pleased to announce that he is potty trained!!!!!!!!


2. Ryan graduated in April from UVU!! YEAH!!!!! I am so proud of him for hanging in there and working so hard!


1. We celebrated our 5th anniversary in June. I can hardly believe it's been 5 years already. Time flies when you're having fun!

(I stopped adding pictures to this list because I think it's a pain!! When I try to add one, it ALWAYS puts it at the top of the post and then I have to drag it where I want it and it ruins the formatting does anyone have any tips for me cause it drives me CRAZY!!!!!)

5 comments:

Lori said...

Quite the year you've had:) And I decided I don't want you guys to move! I'd miss you way too guys much (and of course, it's all about me!)
You guys are seriously the greatest!

Heather said...

What a fun year!

Try adding all your pictures first, then do your typing. It'll be a lot easier that way :)

Unknown said...

Wow, what a year! Hopefully 2009 will be just as good to you!

Tori and/or Clark said...

i am behind, I didn't realize that you had posted such a fun blog. Isn't crazy to go back and think of EVERY little detail of the year?? good for you indoing this. by the way if you wanted a before picture you could have gone to anyone in the ward and asked to take a picture, they are all pretty much the same. AND don't you find it interesting of how many of us celebrated our 5th anniversary last year. AUGUST 1st baby!!!

ali-dot-e said...

UM, Tori I calebrated my 8th, you youngins'! jk You have had an eventful year! I think in the coming year we need to take a trip to bear lake together, it is our favorite place to go!!